Peace of Mind for Atlantic Canadians
You never know when an accident or medical emergency will happen. If it occurs while traveling, it can cost you thousands of dollars. If you don’t have the right protection – not the souvenir to take home from your vacation.
Our Blue Cross travel insurance products are designed to provide peace of mind to Atlantic Canadians when traveling.
As travel insurance advisors we work with the majority of travel insurance carriers in Canada including Blue Cross & Manulife. We shop on your behalf for both price and quality.
Don’t rely on your credit card insurance or group insurance coverage. Be sure to pack one of our travel insurance plans in your bag before you leave home.
Emergency Medical Travel Insurance Plan Features
If you only travel once a year, or if you have multiple trips scheduled, we have solutions to meet your short term and long term travel needs.
- Single or Multi-Trip Plans
- Coverage for COVID-19
- $5 to $10 million for emergency medical care
- Hospitalization fees
- Ambulance (Ground or Air Transportation)
- Fees for nurses, physicians and other health care professionals for emergency medical treatment
- Prescription drugs required to treat emergency situations
- Emergency repatriation by air ambulance or commercial flight with a medical escort
- Emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Return of your travelling companion and/or family members covered by the same policy
Non Medical Travel Insurance
Not all travel emergencies and expenses are medical. You can also get coverage for these circumstances.
- Trip Cancellation: for pre-paid travel fees if your trip gets unexpectedly cancelled before departure.
- Trip Interruption: for pre-paid travel fees if your trip gets unexpectedly cancelled after departure.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: in case of death or loss of limbs due to an accident while travelling.
- Air Flight Accident: injury or death following a flight accident.
- Baggage Insurance: for lost, stolen or damaged baggage
Check Your Credit Card Travel Insurance Coverage
Not sure what you’re covered for? Check the extent of insurance coverage on your credit card. Pay particular attention to the following elements:
Some institutions limit the length of stay according to age; if you are a snowbird wintering south, you may not be covered.
Emergency Medical Care Coverage
Check the eligibility requirements for your coverage. If you have a chronic illness or a pre-existing condition, your condition may have to be stable for more than 6 or 12 months, depending on your age. Sometimes, only a specific percentage of total emergency medical care costs may be reimbursed. As well indemnities are subject to a deductible and you may need to pay for services up front, and then be reimbursed.
Trip Cancellation or Interruption
It’s important to verify what the limits are for trip cancellation and interruption. For example, many gold cards limit coverage to $2,000 – not enough to cover a 3 or 4 week trip abroad. Very few group plans provide these benefits.
Many credit card plans, as well as group plans, do not include coverage for baggage. If they do, they usually have very low maximum coverage amounts.
Enhance Your Travel Insurance
If your group or credit card insurance is limited, we can enhance your coverage with additional travel insurance. One way or another, it is likely your supplemental coverage will take over in the event of an accident or illness.
Protect your travel investment. If you’re in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland or Prince Edward Island, contact one of our travel insurance specialists to help you choose the travel insurance coverage you need.
All MMHI advisors are TRIP certified travel professionals.