Are you a returning Canadian, visitor, or here on a work or student visa? Visitor to Canada Travel Insurance will help protect you against costly medical expenses.
Our Visitor-to-Canada travel medical insurance plan offers convenient, affordable protection that meets Super Visa application requirements, such as:
- Coverage for up to 365 days in Canada and no expiry date exclusion
- Deductible options with savings of 5% to 30%
- Rates for visitors of any age
- The ability to return home during the trip without cancelling coverage
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions
Visitor to Canada Travel Insurance Coverage
- $10,000 to $300,000 for emergency medical care
- Coverage for COVID-19
- Hospitalization fees for a semi-private room
- Ambulance (ground or air transportation)
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health care professionals for emergency medical treatment
- Prescription drugs required to treat emergency situations
- Emergency home return by air ambulance or commercial flight with a medical escort
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental care treatment as a result of an accident
- Up to $1,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- Up to $300 per profession for physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath or podiatrist services when medically necessary and prescribed by the attending physician
- Return of deceased
- Your trips to other provinces and the United States may be covered.
Our Visitors to Canada health plans meet Super Visa application requirements.
Super Visa Insurance
With a Super Visa you can visit Canada for up to 2 years, without needing to renew your status. This is also a multi-entry visa so you can enter Canada multiple times up to 10 years. This differs from a Regular Visa with 10-year multi-entry that only allows you to stay up to 6 months.
To apply for a Super Visa in Canada you must have Super Visa Insurance.
Requirements for a Super Visa in Canada
- Visitors must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Visitors to Canada must have at least $100,000 in health insurance issued by a Canadian insurance company.
- The insurance must be valid for a full year. This ensures visitors can pay for their health care if they become sick or injured while in Canada.
NOTE: You should purchase this plan before you arrive in Canada. It may be purchased when you arrive, but waiting periods will apply.
Talk to one of our travel insurance specialists to get a quote and coverage.